Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMythos

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
I have a nice opportunity to purchase low priced student Adobe Suites right now as i am enrolled in Photoshop CS4 and Illustrator CS4 classes.

Here is my concern: I would like to purchase the Masters Collection or the Design Premium. Both of these suites have Photoshop Extended. They do not have just plain old Photoshop.

Will I be confused or unable to use PS Extended if I am learning standard PS in my class?

Will the DVD of lessons for my class (including images that are to be manipulated in standard Photoshop) work with PS Extended?

fernandovalente

macrumors 6502
I have a nice opportunity to purchase low priced student Adobe Suites right now as i am enrolled in Photoshop CS4 and Illustrator CS4 classes.

Here is my concern: I would like to purchase the Masters Collection or the Design Premium. Both of these suites have Photoshop Extended. They do not have just plain old Photoshop.

Will I be confused or unable to use PS Extended if I am learning standard PS in my class?

Will the DVD of lessons for my class (including images that are to be manipulated in standard Photoshop) work with PS Extended?

Everything that is compatible with the standart PS is compatible with the PS Extended. I don't think you will be confused. There are just a lot of other tools on PS Extended. Trust me, PS Extended is much better. I got PS Extended on my Mac, it's great if we compare with the standart one. :)

Hope it helps

MacMythos

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
K. Thanks. I'm getting the Masters Collection with PS Extended then. $475:D I don't know if i will ever be able to learn half of that but if i use just one or two of the other programs in the next few years, it will be worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.