Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roisin20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
I have PhotoShop images and they look really bright and crisp. However when I save them out as a tiff or JPEG and view them in Preview (Leopard), they are very blurry with soft edges, not half as crisp as photoshop. Is there a way to fix this? Or any better viewing programmes out there? Also, will these print blurry? I'm hoping they will print as they look in Photoshop. . . Thanks!

JasonElise1983

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Between a rock and a midget
it's something with Preview i'm sure. I'm not on my Leopard computer right now, but i would look in the preferences to see if there are some options on rendering or something like that. I've noticed in Leopard that it "softens" all my photos. Just to be sure it's not something with your Tiff or Jpg compressions, open the PSD in preview and see if it does the same. If it does, it's preview thing.

-je

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I have PhotoShop images and they look really bright and crisp. However when I save them out as a tiff or JPEG and view them in Preview (Leopard), they are very blurry with soft edges, not half as crisp as photoshop. Is there a way to fix this? Or any better viewing programmes out there? Also, will these print blurry? I'm hoping they will print as they look in Photoshop. . . Thanks!

Try zoomming to 100% in preview. This should cure the problem. What's happening is that preview is not so good about down sampling and blurs the image when yo shrinks it to fit the screen. At 100% it does not need to do this and it works beter.

I think if the zoom is set to 50% or 25% it is less blurry. It is the uneven zoom factors that preview has trouble with

arolson87

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2009
Same problem - not helping

Hello there,

I am also having the same problem with photoshop saving the attachments, but the advice given here does not fix the problem. I don't think is a problem with preview, because this actually does print blurry, and I work at a newspaper and if an advertisement goes in the paper blurry then we are in big trouble. The difference is that another computer on our network doesn't do this, it's just one of them, so usually we have to send the ad over to the other computer and open it there. Does anyone else have this problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.