Photoshop for mac

Syslik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
I've bought Photoshop 6 on my mac and it doesn't let me even start to install, because it says that 'not supported on this system' but i have checked that its for a mac. Any ideas?!?!?!?!? Thanks

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Syslik said:
I've bought Photoshop 6 on my mac and it doesn't let me even start to install, because it says that 'not supported on this system' but i have checked that its for a mac. Any ideas?!?!?!?!? Thanks
Are you running OS X or OS 9?
I don't think PS 6 will run on OSX. I have an idea 7 was the first one.
I'm probably wrong though.:eek:

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
London
I think Photoshop 6 is only for OS9, not OSX. Have you tried to run it in Classic (assuming you aren't on an intel mac)?

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
Syslik said:
Photoshop 6.0 runs on Mac OS 7.5 and upwards to Mac OS 9.x, it will not run natively in Mac OS X - it is possible to run it in the Classic Environment unless you have an Intel Mac in which case you're out of luck as Classic only works on the old PPC Macs.

Photoshop 7 was (I think) the first version of Photoshop that was Mac OSX native.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
^True. Photoshop 6 will only run on OS9 or in Classic on a PPC Mac, not an Intel one... you will need Photoshop 7 or higher (either CS1 or CS2).