photoshop for macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gloryofgreece, Feb 15, 2008.

1. gloryofgreece macrumors member

I have an macbook SR with 1 gig of ram :)mad:) I was wonder if that set up is enough for running photoshop or matlab. I wanna get te two gig of ram, but i heard that use more battery power, is that right? :p
    Thanks for the input

2. ghostguts macrumors regular

I would think that installing two gigabytes of ram would potentially decrease battery usage (and thus increase uptime) as you are partitioning resources/programs over more ram (dispersing, rather than focusing on one gigabyte of ram), potentially making it easier for your Mac.

But I could be wrong.

Regardless, you should be fine in terms of running Photoshop and Matlab on 1 gigabyte of ram. I did it on my old Powerbook that had 756mb of ram, and both programs ran pretty smoothly.

3. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

I would increase the ram and not worry about the battery issue as this is not true.
    Adobe PS will thank you for the extra Ram and won't have to work this hard and in return use less power.

4. krewelement394 macrumors regular

krewelement394

im pretty sure that increasing more ram will decrease the usage of battery....since the mac will work less on trying to run programs, well that's what i have been told and it does sound pretty convinsing!
    anywho having more ram wont hurt it will help your mac a lot and plus it will go faster!:)