Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Hi all,

Just a quick question about Photoshop CS6. I imported a 30 second video into layers/separate frames using File>Import>Video Frames to Layers. The issue is that as soon as I export it using File>Export>Render Video, it just seems to export as a 1 second video that closes instantly. I've tried all different types of formats/options, and the issue persists.

I've looked on the timeline within Photoshop, and even as soon as I've imported the video into a fresh project, it just immediately shows to be 3 seconds. So it's definitely not something I've actively done in a project, as even with a brand-new video import, immediately exporting it back to video just seems to export as one frame (and as such, the video closes instantly).

I'm really hoping there's something simple that I've overlooked. Does anybody have any suggestions please?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Figured it out - sorry guys, it seems I'll try things for hours and then only get the answer when I've posted a thread :oops:

Where the Timeline is, press the additional options and click 'Make Frames From Layers'. That'll change each layer into a separate frame.

Screen Shot 2015-08-30 at 22.48.04.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.