Photoshop help with HandBrake icon

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by olletsocmit, Jul 25, 2010.

1. olletsocmit macrumors 6502

olletsocmit

I found this Handbrake icon and i really like how it looks in my dock. The only problem is i really don't like how the black shadow on the CD looks (black shadow on the left of the CD). I have tried to remove it in Photoshop, but i can not get it to look right. Can someone please help me get rid of the black. I want to make the dark area look like the rest of the CD.

here is the icon(.png format):

[​IMG]

2. Princess Cake macrumors member

Princess Cake

3. olletsocmit thread starter macrumors 6502

olletsocmit

Awesome job dude!! Thanks soo much. Your the man.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It's a cool icon, but what's up with the red drop-shadow / halo from the caliper? It doesn't really make any sense, particularly since the disc has a drop shadow that goes in only one direction...

5. olletsocmit thread starter macrumors 6502

olletsocmit

It looks good when its in the dock. try it. OS X puts its own shadow around the whole icon in the dock automatically.

6. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

Its a cool concept, but the icon really wasnt created very well. A lot of the lines are jaggy, even around the easy parts like the dvd hub. It looks like whoever drew the icon copied/pasted parts into place instead of actually drawing it.

Regardless, I'm glad you like the modification, OP.