Photoshop Help

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by mikemayhem1234, Oct 27, 2010.

  1. mikemayhem1234 macrumors newbie

    Jul 31, 2010
    I may get criticized for this, and I really don't care. I follow mmitchelldaviss on tumblr, and he posts some of these graphics that he does in photoshop, and I think they're magnificent! I just can't for the life of me figure out how he does them! Some help would be appreciated.

    I just want to know how to get that frame lol.

    The digital decomposing effect is really nice.

    Again, the digital effect.

    Okay this is just awesome.

    Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated, I'm looking to get ahead in the photoshop game over my fellow students in my photo class. Thanks in advance!

    Michael. :apple:
  2. Apple OC macrumors 68040

    Apple OC

    Oct 14, 2010
    he seems to be using some of the filters and testing them out - nothing special

    pick any picture and then play with the filters a bit ... voila! you are now the next Andy Warhol

    the frame he probably downloaded from a website that sells antiques or just google antique picture frames:cool:
  3. Matty-p, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2010

    Matty-p macrumors regular

    Apr 3, 2010
    picture with green filter then frame on above layer and text on above layer then filter and then liquify
    probably just an image and text or filter again
  4. AoxomoxoA macrumors member

    Apr 8, 2010
    The last one...

    This is a really simple thing to do. Apply a heavy gaussian blur to some sort of image. Copy the layer, paste and then transform>scale 90% the new layer. Repeat this with 80%/70%/60%/50% and you have what he's done.


Share This Page