photoshop help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pdoddy12, Jul 14, 2009.

1. pdoddy12 macrumors newbie

"hey guys,sorry if this in the wrong section im new here. I was wandering if anyone skilled in photoshop would be willing to change the color of the front row icon from red to blue,and the red in the transmission icon from red to blue. Im trying to go for a blue theme on my dock,thanks!"

2. MJ50 macrumors newbie

just go to shortcut cmd+u you will see a upper bar Hue changing right or left after confirming press enter.

3. pdoddy12 thread starter macrumors newbie

wait,what?

4. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

Open the front row icon in PS. Press cmd+U. A box will pop up allowing you to adjust Hue/Saturation. A drop-down box will say "Master" but we only want to change the reds, so click on it and choose red (depending on the shade of red you may need to later tweak magenta and yellow). Slide the Hue slider around until you find the color you like.

5. pdoddy12 thread starter macrumors newbie

my ps trial ran out yesterday,so i was wandering if anyone on here would be willing to do it

6. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Its not really a Photoshop question is it, its a 'how to change an ICONs colours' question? How about checking out other applications? Seashore? Paintbrush? One of the many dedicated icon management apps?

7. pdoddy12 thread starter macrumors newbie

im just horrible at all that stuff,hence why i didnt buy photoshop and why i asked someone to do it for me,so can someone please do it or find one?

8. lee.anderson macrumors regular

lee.anderson

Front Row Blue

[​IMG]

Transmission Blue

[​IMG]

The colors kind of off, but im using my crap monitor at the moment and haven't calibrated it yet...

That will be $20 each :D

9. pdoddy12 thread starter macrumors newbie

is there any chance you can make those .icns?cause anything other than that wont work for me,thanks so much by the way

10. lee.anderson macrumors regular

lee.anderson

http://www.img2icnsapp.com/

Download that app, then just drag the images I made into it. It should make .icn files. Its should only take 2 seconds.

11. pdoddy12 thread starter macrumors newbie

did that,both of them are .icns now.But when i copy the front row image and then go into "get info" for the front row app and hit paste,nothing happens.Is there any other way to change the icon?cause this one just doesnt seem to work

12. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

Install developer tools from your Leopard CD and use ICNS2RSRC to make a resource with the icon on it, then you can do the Get Info trick.

13. pdoddy12 thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont have my install disk

14. pdoddy12 thread starter macrumors newbie

i finnaly got the icons to change and everything,but once i drag them into my dock they have the icon then a little white square behind it.Am i doing something wrong?

15. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

When using Img2Icns convert it into a folder icon, then the get info/copy/paste works. Apps are really just cleverly disguised folders so they need the folder icon to work.

Try resetting the dock when you are done. Open terminal and type:
    killall Dock