Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adokimus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Boston, MA
Initially I wasn't that impressed with the new iMac, but after seeing it in person, I think it's pretty slick. One thing that kind of sets me off though is the black border and apple. I was wondering if anyone with a photoshop proficiency could make a mock-up of the new iMac with a white border and white apple, so that it would match with the keyboard and mouse...

pretty please?

-Ado

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
imackeyboard320070807comp4.jpg

Adokimus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Boston, MA
Thanks, that was super-quick! I think it looks pretty good too! I'm sure some people will disagree though. If anyone has any other takes, please feel free to add them.

...maybe colorwarepc will offer this soon.

roker

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2007
New Zealand
That looks sooo much better than this new black one. I have tried to like the new one, but I don't think I can. Has anyone else noticed, with every new design since the 1999 (or whatever year it was) iMacs, they have become more & more like "PC's" in their design? First they lost their funky colours when they went to G4, then from the cool lamp shaped G4's they lost their "out there" cool shape to become the square G5's, now they are square & black, what next? Take away the apple logo? Replace it with "Dell"? :(

Adokimus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Boston, MA
I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself, as I have seen what happens when people try to paint their laptop. But, there is a good iMac disassembling page around here somewhere, and if you knew someone who did custom painting (for cars, etc.) that might be an option to just bring them the parts. A more viable option is to go through these guys: http://www.colorwarepc.com/ , if you have the money. They're coming out with new iMac options soon, but you can also contact them directly and describe what you want done and I bet they'll do it. My guess is they would charge a lot though, probably in the $500 range.

Hope that helps.

Ado

Adokimus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Boston, MA
colorware imac

ok, here's my colorware take if you miss white...

Attachments

• untitled imac.bmp
    233.5 KB · Views: 182
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.