Photoshop Install/Uninstall problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JBaker122586, Mar 16, 2008.

1. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I previously had a less than legal version of Photoshop CS3 installed on my computer computer. I have since deleted the application, as well as anything with a title that included "Adobe" or "Photoshop" in Library/Preferences.

However, now that I've purchased Adobe CS3 Design Premium, during the install I'm told it can't install Photoshop CS3 because it already exists.

Any idea how the heck to fix this?

2. JBaker122586 thread starter macrumors 65816

I've now tried to just re-download the Photoshop CS3 trial from the Adobe site and put my serial in there. Unfortunately, I still get an error stating that the program exists when I try to install it, and I don't have any sort of option to just install over it or anything.

Anybody have any clue what files I need to delete and where they are?

3. davigee macrumors newbie

Hi, same problem. oops. Did you manage to find a solution? I'm in a pickle too!

4. darthmullet macrumors member

5. alFR macrumors 68020

Did you deactivate Photoshop before you removed it? CS3 will only let you install in one location at a time, you have to specifically deauthorise your install before reinstalling/installing on another machine AFAIK.

6. LPodyssey07 macrumors newbie

let me know how this works for you, cuz im in the same boat and dont know what to do