Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trueskool

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
I'm working on an application in which I'm having to design the entire user interface and graphics. A major problem I'm having is getting the color settings to save/export correctly. They should appear the same on the iPhone/iPod Touch as the do in Photoshop (or at least as close as possible). The colors in photoshop are much more rich and inviting, while all of the exported .png images seem to be dull and brightened.

Here are the color settings I have set for the photoshop document:

ps_iphone_color_settings.png

After having done a few hours of research I think these are the correct settings I should be designing the images in, please correct me if I'm wrong. However, when I save them images there still is no real visible difference. This leads me into thinking that I may be saving the images incorrectly.

If anyone has any information which could help me out it would be VERY much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Richard

jrm27

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2008
are you embedding the color profile? Are you working in a color managed environment?

Darkroom

Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
i'd just throw a warming filter on all your images. not exact color match, but no one should be using the iPhone screen for exact color. first gen iPhone/iPod touch had warmer screens than the current gens, but over all the screens are very cold.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.