Photoshop Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by IBobby, Jun 12, 2007.

1. IBobby macrumors regular

IBobby

Hi all, I installed Photoshop Cs and When i start it, I will start a new image and when i go to create a new layer its giving me a the circle with a line through it and it wont let me create a new layer there are no error messages just that. And I had another issue where i would go the color pallete and choose a color and it would only give me a black through a light grey choice, i made sure that the mode was RGB and Bitmap but still no luck anyone else have this issue?

2. UnitedRed macrumors member

when you open an image what format is it in?
    I know .gif don't tend to duplicate layers.
    Or do you mean starting a new document from scratch?

3. IBobby thread starter macrumors regular

IBobby

new document from scratch. It just will not create new layers nor will it let me choose a color

4. banjomamo macrumors regular

in the top menu bar go to IMAGE > MODE and let us know what mode is selected. if its Indexed then you need to switch it to RGB or another color space that supports layers.

Also, is this after a fresh install from the disk or did you copy the app's folder from another machine and drop it on your HD?

5. IBobby thread starter macrumors regular

IBobby

6. IBobby thread starter macrumors regular

IBobby

It is after a fresh install of tiger, the mode is selected to bitmap it will not let me choose rgb unless i use a color in greyscale first then i choose rgb but when i close photoshop then reopen it doesn't stay. is there anyway that i can reset to defaults? here is an image

[​IMG]

7. banjomamo macrumors regular

so you installed tiger with PS already installed right? can you reinstall PS?

8. IBobby thread starter macrumors regular

IBobby

I got the system with tiger and ps already on it. All was fine when using it but about a few hours ago i couldn't create new layers or anything I have tried deleting ps and reinstalling it.

9. banjomamo macrumors regular

strange. maybe the adobe forums would be more helpful because i am not aware of a setting that changes that.

10. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

When you do File->New and the dialog box comes up that lets you choose dimensions and all that, double check that the color mode makes sense for what you want to do. If it says bitmap in there, that's what you'll get.

11. banjomamo macrumors regular

there you go - i forgot all about that - good call.

12. IBobby thread starter macrumors regular

IBobby

ahh sweet deal lol got it thanks guys lol didn't think of that