Photoshop Launches Slowly

Discussion in 'macOS' started by D3LM3L, Feb 3, 2008.

1. D3LM3L macrumors regular

D3LM3L

Hi, I have a strange problem with Photoshop CS3. In the past, even after installing Leopard, Photoshop has only taken one bounce to launch and then sped through the splash screen. From clicking the icon to seeing the toolbars, it was about 3-4 seconds. Now, it takes about 8-9 bounces to launch, yet speeds through the splash screen as usual. This is not just on the first launch, but on the 3rd and 4th ones too, so the RAM is already cached.

I've disabled every plugin I don't use, and even used Xslimmer to get rid of the PowerPC code in Photoshop.app, which in the past has made it launch much quicker. Yet no matter what I do, it still takes forever to open. What seems to be the problem here?

BTW, I'm running on a mac pro with 3GB of RAM, so I don't think there's a problem in terms of my computer bottlenecking it.

2. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

I just downloaded Xslimmer myself after you mentioned it, tried to slim down PS CS3 and it turns out that it's blacklisted.

Apparently it doesn't work properly after you Xslim it. Sorry :( I guess you'll have to re-install.

3. D3LM3L thread starter macrumors regular

D3LM3L

I used to Xslim it fine and it would work quicker though.

4. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Bizarre. Maybe it was an older version of XSlimmer or Photoshop?

5. D3LM3L thread starter macrumors regular

D3LM3L

Photoshop was CS3, but even if the version was older, Photoshop wasn't slower or faster before I took out the PPC code. It stayed the same; bouncing 9 times.