Photoshop/Lightroom monitors

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by SoCalRich, Jul 10, 2010.

1. SoCalRich macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

If you're working with Photoshop/Lightroom what kind of monitor are you using.

Why did you decide on that one?

2. gnd macrumors 6502a

gnd

If you're talking about a second monitor to work with the laptop then you really should get a monitor with an IPS display that you can (and should) calibrate with a hardware based calibrator.

3. snberk103 macrumors 603

I've got the 23" Apple Cinema Display, on a Mac Pro - so just the one screen. Works well for me. I've calibrated it with a Spyder, and the prints look just like the monitor (when I remember to use the correct profile, but that's another story).

4. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

I currently use a 22" Dell 2209WA. Its an E-IPS panel. Really for PS and LR the bigger the better.

5. jampat macrumors 6502a

I'm using a Dell U2410. I read the reviews and decided that that was the best for me. Sure there are better monitors, but very few in the same price range.

6. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

2x 22" Dell 2209WA

Considering an upgrade to a single U2410 or maybe a 27" Dell.

I'm just a hobbyist, fwiw

7. Maxxamillian macrumors 6502

Apple display (parking lot monitor) and HP Dreamcolor (photo-editing monitor).
    I chose the Dreamcolor due to its RGB LED technology which allows for incredibly stable white point and color calibration over long periods of time (calibration at every 1000 hours or so). Oh, and its RGB gamut allows me to work within that space with confidence.

8. SoCalRich thread starter macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

Thanks everyone for your replies.

So far I'm considering a NEC PA271w, HP ZR30w and a Dell U2711. I have been unable to find any calibration info on the 24" ACD. I do hear that it is a good screen and that prints come out the way they're seen on the monitor.

I'm going over to MacMall today and look around. We'll see...

9. SoCalRich thread starter macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

HP Dreamcolor???? I haven't heard about that one. RGB LED??? I will check it out.

Thanks...

10. SoCalRich thread starter macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

ZR30w is on the way...

After a LOT of looking around at 24" & 30" ACD's NEC PA241 & PA271, Dell U2711, Eizo's & LaCie I made the move. I got tired of waiting on Apple.

I went down to the MacMall in Santa Monica and sat in front of a HP 3065 which is the predecessor to the new ZR30. The screen was BEAUTIFUL...!!! There also was a 27" and a 24" screen sitting on either side of the ZR30w. I tried each of them just to see the size difference. I was sold on the 30".

Read the AnandTech Review I think you will be impressed with this monitor. I just bought a new 17" MBP i7. I will hook up a mini display port to display port cable from MonoPrice, order my wireless keyboard and magic mouse and I'm set.

MacMall has them on a HP Promo sale for $1,249.99. They are flying off the shelves. When the Promos are gone it will revert to the regular price of $1,539.99 MacMall also has a free shipping option.

Mine is ordered and I can't wait until it arrives. :D