Photoshop, Office pograms do not open

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Slewis1221, May 17, 2009.

1. Slewis1221 macrumors newbie

I have Photoshop CS and microsoft office for my macbook pro with 10.5.6.

the programs were working fine untill about a week when my computer crashed during an update to 10.5.6. I had to reset the NRAM and PRAM, and then it started up working fine. now when i attempt to open and office program or photoshop, they dont open and it says it has closed unexpectedly.
    Also, when i try to reinstal it from the disk, the intallation app closes unexpectedly as well.

Since the crash, safari and firefox open, but i have to reset and relaunch it every time.

This happened to me once before, but i ended up bringing my computer into the mac store and hey fixed it, but i am wondering if there is a way i can do it without having to bring it and not have my computer for a day. All help is appreciated very much, because it is hard writing papers for school in text edit.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Which version Office?

Have you run any repair utilities to check and repair your system? I recommend that you boot into Single User Mode and run fsck -fy (File System Check) from the command prompt.

3. Slewis1221 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have Office:mac 2004, student teacher edition, i ran the disk utility and repaired it, but i have not tried the file system check.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Have you tried checking in Microsoft AutoUpdate to see if there is an update for the Office suite in general? Ditto for Adobe though I'm not familiar with their update protocols.