Photoshop on Itouch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by IIIM3, Dec 5, 2007.

1. IIIM3 macrumors newbie

Hello all!

I am thinking about getting an Ipod Touch, but i do want to know if i could put things like Photoshop on it so i would not have to carry around my laptop during school, i could just have my Ipod with me.

Let me know,

Thanks.

2. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Sadly not. Photoshop would require a lot more power than the power offered by the iPod Touch. The screen is also too small for any decent editing.

You can't even install much without hacking the iPod, but even then it's still limited. After all, it's an iPod, not a laptop.

Sorry.

3. chriscorbin macrumors 6502

chriscorbin

NO that wont work at all
    iTouch may run a certian version of OSX, but it can only run apps made for the iTouch or iPhone
    even if you somehow got a mobile OSX build of photoshop the iTouch would NEVER make the system requirements for photoshop let alone the whole CS3 suite

But it would be sooo cool if the iTouch could run all OSX apps:rolleyes:

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

haha that was funny. even IF you could why would you ever want to? would be such a pain with no mouse, small screen, etc

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

6. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Ahaha brilliant.

Back on topic, no, you can't run Photoshop on your iPod touch. No way, no how.

7. bwanac macrumors regular

8. IIIM3 thread starter macrumors newbie

well to me it seems extreamily possible. I mean a 4'' Sony Tablet PC can run Photoshop.... so i dont seen screensize as an Issue. But i do see where you are coming from.

Is there anything similar to Photoshop like "Gimp" that i could use on the Itouch?

9. chriscorbin macrumors 6502

chriscorbin

And that is running a full version of windows XP or Vista, not windows mobile, same concept as the OSX to OSX"mobile"

10. FocusAndEarnIt macrumors 601

FocusAndEarnIt

No. There is nothing for editing photos. Zip. Nada.

If I were you, I wouldn't waste any more time on this issue.

11. weg macrumors 6502a

weg

Not yet.

Edit: This thread is hillarious ;-)

12. IIIM3 thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm sorry for asking a clearly stupid question. But if one can dream.... one can achieve.

13. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Technically you could achieve this, but it would be so unworkable it would be unbearable! You could for instance, have a picture and upload it using ssh to your Mac, run a VNC server on your mac, then using a remote VNC client on the iPT connect to your mac, open up Photoshop or the Gimp and then open up the picture you ssh'd to your mac and then manipulate the image in Photoshop on your mac from your iPT and then save it, export it and then ssh it back to your iPod in the pictures directory, quit out, reset your iPod and then whalla! There is your edited shopped picture.

Hassle YES.

Just use a Mac.

14. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

I had a vision today about this. I don't have an iPod Touch, but I thought it would be cool to sit there on the bus and delete some trees from a picture I have on my iPod 30 gig. It would be interesting.

It'll happen sooner or later, but not in PS form. More like Paint, or Appleworks, or possibly GIMP.

15. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

16. bwanac macrumors regular

While I love this idea, I cant imagine editing with my finger. From what I have seen it is not that accurate, so this would be pretty difficult to really pull of for a professional app IMO.

Tomato, potato, who cares!?!

17. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

lol who cares we know what he is talking about. im sure he didnt want to write out ipod touch lol

18. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

so right but so wrong in many cases...

19. grandeabc macrumors member

grandeabc

Well, there's a program for the iPT called Scratches, where you can paint OVER a picture, then save and send by mail if you wish. But you can not edit the original picture, only paint over it.

20. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

Somebody forgot to take their iChill pill. :D

21. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

meh. iTouch is faster to type (especially on the Touch) and everyone knows what it means. I use iTouch all the time.

22. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

This is kind of an old thread, but I'll bump it to say that I think we'll see this feature, on the iPhone (and hacked onto the touch) sooner or later. Not full Photoshop/Gimp level image editor, but the logical next step for the Photo's application on the iPhone is iPhoto-like image editing.

Color/image tweaking, retouch tool, red-eye, cropping, scaling, etc. It's certainly a technical possibility and I'm pretty sure it'll happen, along with Photobooth-style effects (although more limited due to GPU/CPU constraints).

In addition, I'd be surprised if there isn't someone out there working on a little image editor for the iPhone/touch. It's just too useful and obvious for someone not to do. The foundation is laid with the Scratches application, it's really an evolution from there.

23. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I used VNSea to see how feasable this was...Skitch is actually great on the iPhone, they really should port it...