Photoshop on the new Macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Krummakot, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Krummakot, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011

Krummakot macrumors newbie

Krummakot

Hello mac world.

I'm looking forward to buying new macbook pro and I have been following rumors for many months now, but now the new macbook pros aren't getting so postitive comments, depending that the latest rumors are true.

So my question is simple: would the new macbook pro 13" run photoshop ok ?

I would probably not be playing any games on it, maybe call of duty 4, but would it handle it well?

2. simsaladimbamba

My 2007 iMac and 2008 MacBook can handle PS CS5 quite well, even with files with 100 to 150 layers (though small ones - 2000 x 3000).
    Therefore I assume that a newer Mac could handle such tasks too, but if you need to edit dozens of 25MP photos or such, it may slow down.

And if you can invest in an SSD, you will see an increase too.

3. alt macrumors regular

I run cs4 on a netbook and it is OKAY. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't run great on any of the macbooks, even 2-3 years old.

4. MartyF81 macrumors 6502

Yes it will work 100% fine. Other than having a 13" screen... which is rough for editing graphics/pics... but that is up to you.

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I use CS5 Photoshop Illustrator and InDesign with no problem on my MBP 13" :cool:

6. jamied95 macrumors 6502

I have a 2009 13.3" 2.26GHz MBP and Photoshop CS5 runs fine, hangs occasionally, and sometimes it doesn't quite fit on the screen, but as long as you keep your Mac clean it'll be fine. In 5 months I managed to use 150GB of my 160GB, and it take 2 or 3 minutes to turns on, which made Photoshop quite laggy - the other day, I did a huge clean up, deleting trash, using ONYX and it runs like a dream. SO yeah, as long as you keep it clean and tidy - you'll be fine :)

7. Krummakot thread starter macrumors newbie

Krummakot

Great, that was the only thing stopping me from buying it, people talking about the new graphic card got me scared but now I'm definitely sure, thanks :)

8. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Photoshop will run fine on your machine. Much older ones have no problems running it.

9. shastapete macrumors newbie

I run Photoshop CS4 on my Macbook 1,1 (1.83 CoreDuo) and I think it is hurt more by my 1 GB of RAM than the processor speed

10. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

You betcha. I have the base model spring 2010 15" and it runs quite well. All standard built-in filters run fast, no issues.

The only suggestion I might make is to get a 7200 rpm drive vs. the 5400 rpm drive. There will only be a slight decrease in battery life, but your applications will load faster, and especially for Photoshop, and any third party filters, they'll benefit from the faster HD.