Photoshop : Pixelmator = InDesign : ???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kylera, Apr 11, 2015.

1. kylera, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015

kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

In case someone isn't familiar with the analogy in the title, I'm basically seeking a cheaper and lighter alternative to Adobe InDesign, just like how there is Pixelmator and Vectormator, cheaper and lighter alternatives to Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.

My needs are very light, frankly - basically making cheat sheets with custom layouts and images thrown in for my own personal perusal, or maybe flyers. Hence, I don't wish to pay triple-digit dollars or a subscription for Creative Cloud, nor do I need every single feature provided by InDesign.

I've seen iStudio Publisher and Swift Publisher so far. Are there any others of note?

Companion iOS apps are a plus, but not wholly necessary.

EDIT: NEVER MIND, I found a license for Swift Publisher from an old bundle. This post has been reported for deleting.

2. 960design macrumors 68020

Would something like this work for you?
    https://www.apple.com/ibooks-author/

3. kylera thread starter macrumors 65816

kylera

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm actually using that for a different project, but it may just work for a single page thing as well.

4. 960design macrumors 68020

Hope it works for you. I know that you can import your old InDesign layouts, of course it requires a little bit of tweaking to get it perfect, but much better than having to redo the whole thing.

5. tomnavratil macrumors 6502a

tomnavratil

iBooks Author or Pages would be decent alternatives. Obviously not as complex as InDesign but you can try them both for free - hope they work for you!