Photoshop Run Speed: Native Mac vs Win (on Mac)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jhurshman, Jan 26, 2009.

1. jhurshman macrumors newbie

I have recently switched platform from Win XP machine to Mac (MBP w/ OS X 10.5.5). I have license for Photoshop CS3 on Win. Cost or switching to native Mac version of CS4 (can't migrate CS3... need to upgrade + migrate) is approximately same as purchasing Parallels or Fusion plus WinXP to run my current Win CS3 version. I am satisfied with CS3 and don't look forward to learning modified interface and tools of CS4. I think it will come down to speed. Will native Mac CS4 run faster than comparable program w/ Win on Mac (Parallels or VM Fusion)?

Thanks.

John

2. dimme macrumors 65816

I don't think Photoshop will run well on a Virtual Machine. If you want to use you windows Photoshop I will go with Boot Camp.

3. RichH macrumors newbie

Switching to Mac CS3

If you have a valid Photoshop license and no longer need the Windows copy, you should call Adobe and they will give you a mac license. You are allowed to switch platforms once.

Rich H

4. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

I didn't realise they did this. Is this standard policy?

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Yes, Adobe has been doing this service for quite a while. It sorta helps justify the high price of their suite. You will have to pay a little to transfer the license however.

6. jhurshman thread starter macrumors newbie

7. RichH macrumors newbie

Great!

Great to hear it worked for you.

Rich H