Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rglatter

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
Arkansas
Hello Everyone,
I am runing photoshop cs2 on my macbook pro 2.0ghz 2 gig of ram and I have noticed recently some seirous speed issues. I get the spinning beach ball so much that it is unusuable. I get it on simple tasks like switching layers or typing text. These are on very small basic files like text and a white background. I am running the same version of photoshop on a new Intel Imac 2.0ghz 2 gig of ram and It runs great I have no issues at all. One diffrenece between the two versions could be fonts. I have more on my macbook pro than on my imac. Could this cause slow downs and spinning beach balls when I try to even switch a layer? I also have trouble sometimes even opening a file. Any advice on how to make this stop would be greatly appreciated.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
rglatter said:
Hello Everyone,
I am runing photoshop cs2 on my macbook pro 2.0ghz 2 gig of ram and I have noticed recently some seirous speed issues. I get the spinning beach ball so much that it is unusuable. I get it on simple tasks like switching layers or typing text. These are on very small basic files like text and a white background. I am running the same version of photoshop on a new Intel Imac 2.0ghz 2 gig of ram and It runs great I have no issues at all. One diffrenece between the two versions could be fonts. I have more on my macbook pro than on my imac. Could this cause slow downs and spinning beach balls when I try to even switch a layer? I also have trouble sometimes even opening a file. Any advice on how to make this stop would be greatly appreciated.

If you have a crazy amount of fonts activated it could well be the cause. Although it would also slow other Apps that use fonts too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.