Photoshop - Student License

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Kyouya, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Kyouya macrumors member

Hello;

I am a college student and planning to purchase CS4 Photoshop from adobe store.

All I have to do is to scan my student ID and email them right? Is there any difference between student and normal photoshop?

Also, my college is not listed on https://store1.adobe.com/aboutadobe/openoptions/students/school_listing.html this page. But it looks like education discount and "Student Lincensing" are different?

Thanks in advance for replies.

2. klymr macrumors 65816

Check your local school. Mine sells the Adobe products at half the price Adobe does. I got the CD3 Design Premium for $299 instead of $599. Might be worth looking into. They never checked my ID here either. :D

Oh, as far as I know, the "education discount" and "student license" are the same thing. There shouldn't be a difference between the student version and normal version. They both should function identically, unless they've changed that in CS4, which I doubt. Anyway, good luck!

3. shawnathan macrumors member

shawnathan

This is how I purchased my copy of CS3. Yes, that's all you do. Scan your ID and email it to them, then within about 3 days, you will get a response and you can order your software with the information they send back to you.

4. MacSamurai macrumors regular

MacSamurai

if the original and the student version are identical,how exactly does upgrading work?do you still need to be a student to upgrade the the student version?or does it need to be upgraded on the normal version?

5. klymr macrumors 65816

The functionality is the same. It takes a different license code to activate the student version of the software.

6. indefatigable macrumors member

I believe however, that the education / student version can only be used for educational purposes. You are not supposed to use it for commercial work. THAT would be the biggest difference between the student version and the original version. :D

7. shecky Guest

shecky

wrong.