Photoshop: three macs, one licence?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by carl201167, Feb 6, 2008.

1. carl201167 macrumors regular

I have a legit copy of Photoshop CS3 and am the sole user.

Problem is I want to use it on all three of my macs (desktop, old powerbook and studio macbook pro)

I think I can happily register the software on two machines simultaneously and am assuming I can use it on a third so long as I de-register on one before registering on the other.

Is that true? And if so, is there a limit to the number of times I can register/de-register this way. As I am the sole user and have paid for it, it seems fair to me

2. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

I think you can have it installed on a maximum of three machines at one time.

3. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

I've never run into any adobe software isues with 2 computers, though I never register any of my software cause of problems like this.

Adobe is really cracking down on this though, so you may run into issues in the future.

side note:
    I personally think its crazy to charge you mulitiple times which may end up having to happen.

4. Kalafut macrumors regular

Kalafut

Aww lucky i only have CS2...and its not so legit. anyways.........lucky. sry i couldn't help

5. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

6. jjasonwrght macrumors member

jjasonwrght

You openly admit you stole a program....

7. jeffmc macrumors 6502

it can only be installed on a single computer at a time, they have the activation process for that reason

8. John.B macrumors 601

John.B

http://www.adobe.com/products/activation/

May I use the software on more than one computer at a time?

- The activation process supports installation on two machines. The Adobe product license agreement allows the primary user to install the product on a primary computer and also on a home or laptop computer for his or her use, provided that the two copies are not used simultaneously. While the activation process supports installing and activating Adobe software on two machines, the usage of the product on the second computer is restricted to the user who licensed the software. Allowing others to use a second copy of the software violates the product license agreement.