Photoshop to Gimp

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by knew2mack, Mar 27, 2011.

1. knew2mack macrumors regular

knew2mack

A friend of mine is helping me get a flyer put together. When I look at it, if I want to make changes to the pdf, I am unable to. She said that I won't be able to edit it because even the text is actually a photo. If I have photoshop, I could edit the text when I want BUT, I do not have photoshop.

I'm wondering if it's possible to edit in Gimp, the pdf done in photoshop?? Will it allow me to do so or do I definitely have to have photosop

If not, does anyone have any other suggestions?

thanks

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Yes, you could install GIMP and edit it like a photo.

Or try anything else that will edit photos. You'll need to convert the PDF first; you can do that with a "Save As..." in Preview, or Print and "Save PDF to iPhoto" might work.

It would be MUCH better if the person who sent it to you gave it to you in the original format. Editing text in a photo editor means you essentially have to erase or cover it up and start over; you cannot select text and manipulate it because it isn't text anymore, just a photo of text. And matching any text you add to existing text is gonna be a pain too.

Rob

3. knew2mack thread starter macrumors regular

knew2mack

thank you....

I'm a little confused abt your answer though....I have installed Gimp, but I'm wondering if I can edit this pdf that my friend created in photoshop? Can I edit it in gimp??

I'm uncertain as to the converting part, am I converting a pdf or a photo in photoshop?? I'm now uncertain if it's even considered a pdf at this point, since it's been done in photoshop.

I'm just trying to edit some text, 3 lines to be exact. I have attached it below in hopes that maybe seeing it will help someone explain to me how to do what I'm trying to do......

well, I tried to attach it but it exceeds the size limits....it's 2.2 mb

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

edit the original photos with Gimp ... add your type to them instead of the PDF that your friend created

5. lee14160 macrumors regular

lee14160

Go to Adobe and download a Trial version of Photoshop (30 days).:)

6. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

Good idea.

Otherwise don't waste your time editing any conversion of the PDF. You will struggle and this will be crap quality. Ask either your friend the PS file.