Photoshop touch

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kiwibloke, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Kiwibloke macrumors newbie

With the release of photoshop touch for iPad does anyone know if Aperture will bring out an iPad app, I'm a bit reluctant to buy the photoshop app if there maybe an Aperture one out in the future.

Thanks

KB

2. jasper2012 macrumors newbie

Maybe!But the ipad 3 is also very perfect!I am waiting for its coming!
    March 7th!

3. M87 macrumors 65816

Aperture and Photoshop aren't quite the same kind of app. I do think it's likely Apple will release a photo editing app with the new iPad though. However, I don't understand why people think it will be Aperture. I think it's more likely to be iPhoto. We already have GarageBand and iMovie, not Logic and Final Cut Pro.

4. Kiwibloke thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe but IPhoto is rubbish for editing photos.

KB

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

and so are Aperture and Lightroom. Using digital asset management software for real photo editing is an adventure in frustration.

6. snow blind macrumors regular

I chuckled at this. It's like using InDesign over Dreaweaver to design a webpage.

7. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

I have both Photoshop and Aperture on my desktop, use both and don't think I could do with just one or the other. I think of Aperture mainly as a program for organizing and storing my images. It is also very good for RAW processing. Photoshop, in my workflow, is for more complex or detail editing.

Photoshop Touch does many things Aperture doesn't do. Some of the best features are layers and blending modes, it also has filter effects and text. Aperture does not have these features.

8. snow blind macrumors regular

Aperture for digital management. Photoshop for post processing.

9. Kiwibloke thread starter macrumors newbie

Not if you know how to use them.

----------

You need to get out more.

10. VinceDae macrumors regular

Lol I chuckled at this one - Who would EVER use Dreamweaver to design or program ANYTHING :p

11. BillG53 macrumors member

Wow! Exactly how I feel. I feel I wasted a lot of money on Aperature only to push it aside for something more intuitive like Pixelmeator and then I threw even that under the bus for Photoshop. Felt right at home after that

12. deeddawg macrumors 604

Knowing how to use them doesn't create non-existent capabilities such as handling layers and layer masks, or allowing pixel-level editing.

If your photo manipulation needs are fulfilled with a digital asset management package such as Aperture or Lightroom, that's great. But don't assume they do everything a true photo editing package does.

13. snow blind macrumors regular

Someone got it haha... bunch of stiffs round here I tell ya :D

14. MacAttacka macrumors 6502

This. And this again. iPad 3 is clearly geared towards the photo enthusiasts. Apple will want to unveil the retina showing off the most advanced software. Last year it was Garage Band, this year it will be ?????