Photoshop Update Timeline

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Vick77, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Vick77 macrumors member

Hi, I'm a University student in the UK and I'm considering purchasing the student edition of Photoshop CS5. It's not for studies or anything, it's just a hobby if anything.

The problem is, being a student I'm not prepared to pay £160 (I know it's relatively little for what it is) ...if CS6 for example were to come out later this year. I need to make my funds stretch as far as possible.

Does anybody have any guesses as to when it'll come out and if not is there any way to upgrade? I can understand if they expect you to pay full price for each release since the student edition is dirt cheap as it is. It's just not 100% ideal.

Thanks in advance.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

CS5 was released on April 12th 2010, Adobe takes around 18 to 24 months to release a major update, so you'll be safe until late 2011 or spring 2012.

3. Vick77 thread starter macrumors member

That's good. You've answered two of my queries in the last few days ...it's appreciated. :)

Say if there were 18 months left until CS6, it'd cost me less than 30p a day to have CS5. I think I can just about afford that haha.

Thanks pal.