Photoshop/Wacom Pen act weird since Yosemite

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LesToil, Dec 22, 2014.

1. LesToil macrumors newbie

Greetings! First time poster here. The problem is since I upgraded to OS X Yosemite last week a couple things have been acting a bit wonky with Photoshop and my Intros Wacom pen. Not even sure if either of those are to blame for the problems.

First is that Command-Z only does redo half of the time--at least in Photoshop. Never a problem before I got OS X Yosemite but now I'm lucky if I can get a redo every 4 attempts.

The second problem is while using my Intuos pen on Photoshop my slider lever on brushes, erasure, etc... often won't allow it to click off from it. In other words, if I slide the lever to 12 and click away, the lever will keep sliding where ever my pen goes on my screen. Never happened before Yosemite.

At first I thought Yosemite trashed all of my pen settings and made it more sensitive, but upon examining my pen preferences, they look the same as before.

Any suggestions or just a general idea of what's going on now?

Thanks very very much for any input! Much appreciated.

Les

2. pdjudd macrumors 601

3. LesToil thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks much. Yes, Intuos Pro. I thought Yosemite made it a point to bring all of my apps up to speed with there slew of updates but maybe not. Uploading it now. Thanks much for the suggestion!

4. pdjudd macrumors 601

No way to actually do that. Apple can only control it’s own apps - they cannot do anything about third party stuff except disabling ones that they know are not comparable and recommending an update - it’s not a perfect process. Heck, not even MS can ensure such a thing.

One big reason that they cannot do so is twofold. First, oftentimes an incompatible program doesn’t have an update available on day one and may not for some time. Second, Apple cannot do anything if an app needs to have a paid update that you need to purchase.