Photoshop Windows --> Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ktexas, Jan 26, 2009.

1. ktexas macrumors newbie

So I've always wanted a MAC and I'm thinking about getting one soon, but last spring I bought Adobe Photoshop, is there anyway that I can transfer that to a MAC... or would I have to re-purchase the program... If that's the case I guess I'll have to stick with windows... :apple:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you bought the Windows version of PhotoShop, you can run it on a Mac (not MAC, which is something else) using Boot Camp, which enables you to run Windows on a Mac. You could also use something like VMware Fusion or Parallels. You would have to buy the Mac version of PhotoShop if you want to run it natively in Mac OS X.

3. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

4. ktexas thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice! Hopefully I will get a Mac** sometime soon and I'll let y'all know how it goes! :apple:

5. outaru macrumors member

6. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Yes, you're looking at their 'crossgrade' option. I've always preferred using Photoshop on Mac.

7. TSparger macrumors member

I just went through the cross platform change and it was fairly simple. You have to call Adobe and they will walk you through it. Unfortunately, I had to pay for the upgrade costs for CS4 and LR2. Still better than buying the full blown cost.