Photoshop7 Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mal53, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Mal53 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm new here and I have a question. Why won't my Photoshop 7 work on my new OS 10.5.1?? I've tried several things, and constantly get boxes telling me there's something missing and mentions OS9 a lot.... I even took Leopard off and it works fine, but I can't be switching systems. Do I have to buy a new version of Photoshop, or does anyone know a similar (less expensive) program. Thank you ahead of time.

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Basically any photoshop below CS2 (I think) has problems on 10.5. If you're really needing the full photoshop feature set I'd upgrade to CS3. If you just need a simple photo app then I'd suggest Pixelmator. There are some other shareware apps out there too.

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

From the Adobe Leopard compatability chart:
    The good news is that if you have Photoshop 7 the upgrade to CS3 should be $199 or less...

And then there's Pixelmator and Acorn to check out if you need anything even more reasonable... :)

4. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

Yeah... Unfortunately it's time for you to drop some coin and step into the now with current version of photoshop, especially if you plan to run Leopard.

Frankly I'm surprised you haven't had problems up until now.

5. Mal53 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have had probs ever since I put Leopard on - I've taken Leopard off twice to see if was that, and it does appear to be, because photoshop works when I take Leopard off.

So it seems from what you guys say, I need to spend more money.. Photoshop 7 does not work with Leopard.

I will try some of the other stuff you suggest, I've already tried to upgrade Photoshop and it tells me the usual, something is missing, etc..

Thank you all so much for the help. I really appreciate it. :)

PS) What does CS2/CS3 stand for - well, I mean what does CS stand for - sorry, for my ignorance.