Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalField

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2004
portland
Hey all.

Everynow and again a program will just decided to unexpedicalley [sp] quit on me. Not that i enjoy it, but i have gotten use to it. But recently Photoshop is crapping out on me.. but what is really annoying is that is forgets all my preferences. And its not a huuge pain in the ass resetting them all. but it is a pain.

any suggestions?

im running pather.
im already planning on getting more ram for other work. but would that help my lil crashs as well??

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
digitalField said:
Hey all.

Everynow and again a program will just decided to unexpedicalley [sp] quit on me. Not that i enjoy it, but i have gotten use to it. But recently Photoshop is crapping out on me.. but what is really annoying is that is forgets all my preferences. And its not a huuge pain in the ass resetting them all. but it is a pain.

any suggestions?

im running pather.
im already planning on getting more ram for other work. but would that help my lil crashs as well??
Two suggestions:
Check your hard disk using Disk Utility. (To do this, you'll need to be started up from some disk other than your main hard drive, such as the Panther install disc. If you use the Panther install disc, don't choose a language when prompted; go to the menus instead and choose "Open Disk Utility", then check your disk.) If it won't check it, your hard disk is probably journaled, so don't worry about it. If Disk Utility reports errors and fixes them, check again until you get no errors.
After that, repair permissions (also in Disk Utility; you might as well do this while you're booted from the other volume).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.