Resolved Photosteam Downloads, But Dosn't Show

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by carlosbutler, Aug 22, 2012.

1. carlosbutler, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

I have been trying for nearly an hour trying to get Photostream to show in iPhoto on my iMac. My iPhone/iPad/Apple TV all show the Photostream fine and new pictures appear instantly.

The account is exactly the same, and reticking the photostream option in the options deletes and downloads the pictures, as it states it's downloading them:
    [​IMG]

But after it's finished nothing appears:
    [​IMG]

I added an image to the photostream directly from the none-working iPhoto and this does not show on the working devices.

If anyone has any advice, any magical file I need to delete or move to get this to work, please say.

NOTE: I have updated everything and checked all the account names and passwords. And I have tried searching for the answer, but what I have found only states really how to set it up and resync everything which isn't really the problem.

2. carlosbutler thread starter macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

Fixed

After a call to Apple Care they explained how to fix.

1. Untick the Photo Stream button in the iCloud preferences pane.
    2. Boot in to your Recovery Partition by restarting computer and holding down Alt ⎇.
    3. Open up Disk Utility.
    4. Select the disk you have your OS installed on, normally Macintosh HD.
    5. Click on Repair Disk Permissions. See if anything was repaired, probably quite a few things.
    6. Restart the computer.
    7. Tick the Photo Stream button in the iCloud preferences pane.
    8. Start iPhoto.