Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spimunk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2013
UK
Hi all,

This is m first post and I've looked around but I can't seem to find an answer to this problem as mine is slightly different to just trying to delete items from my photostream.

I have an iPhone 4S and in my photos I has two albums, one for photostream and one calls iPhone 3GS. I want to delete photos from both albums but when I highlight them, there is no option to delete them.

I know I must be missing something pretty simple but if anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks! :)

Last edited:

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
You are trying to delete from Shared Photostream ? or Local Album on phone ?

Screenshot would help

Spimunk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2013
UK
Hi Sanjeev, thanks for replying. It is on a local iPhone 4S. The two folders show when I open the photos app but when I select items in those two folders, I can share them (i.e. I can email them or use them as wallpaper) but I cannot delete them.

I hope that explains it better and I'll try and get you a screenshot later today.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
when you go into the photo app, you click the "edit" button on the top right, then tap the pics you want to delete. once you do this, tap delete on the bottom.

are these photos stored on your camera roll, your photostream or someone elses shared stream.

Spimunk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2013
UK
when you go into the photo app, you click the "edit" button on the top right, then tap the pics you want to delete. once you do this, tap delete on the bottom.

are these photos stored on your camera roll, your photostream or someone elses shared stream.

Hi Dictoresno, thanks for your reply. They are stored in my photostream folder and it has created a folder called iPhone 3GS (my old phone) but I have the same photos already in my camera roll folder and I would like to get rid of the duplicates from the photostream and iPhone 3GS folders.

I have tried the Edit button then clicking on the photos I want to delete but I only get the option to share the photos (email it, use it as wallpaper etc)

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Hi Dictoresno, thanks for your reply. They are stored in my photostream folder and it has created a folder called iPhone 3GS (my old phone) but I have the same photos already in my camera roll folder and I would like to get rid of the duplicates from the photostream and iPhone 3GS folders.

I have tried the Edit button then clicking on the photos I want to delete but I only get the option to share the photos (email it, use it as wallpaper etc)

can you delete them individually?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.