Photostitch stopped working Mac OS X 10.6

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by munkees, Sep 4, 2009.

1. munkees macrumors 65816

munkees

I wanted to stitch some photos I took today, but Canon Photostich crashes every time it is launched, under 10.6

2. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

Canon's camerawindow also fails to load. Me thinks Canon have one or two problems with their software and Snow Leopard.

I rang Canon support on Friday to see if it was just me or a known problem. The chappy I spoke to had not heard of any issues but a quick google search seems to suggest that a lot of people are having problems with SL and Canon's software.

Fingers crossed they release an update soon.

3. munkees thread starter macrumors 65816

munkees

4. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I know Leopard broke the ability for my 5D to download images straight from the camera (I figured out a decent workaround), eventually it was fixed on an update from Apple (think around 10.5.5).

Currently only my Macbook has Snowleopard, and keeping fingers crossed it seems to be all o.k. That said I dumped Camerawindow and just use Eos Utility instead.

5. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

Me too

I updated ImageBrowser/CameraWindow to v 6.4.1 and while ImageBrowser will run fine on 10.6, Photostitch and CameraWindow do not.

The Photostitch viewer works fine, however.

Also I have a older Canon camera that uses CameraWindowDVC instead of CameraWindow-CameraWindowDVC works well on 10.6.

For stitching images I'll be using Photoshop Elements 6.

6. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

Photostitch does a terrible job. Try the open source project hugin instead.

7. AlaskaMoose macrumors 65816

What is this "open source project hugin"? Just curious since I downloaded "Calico." This one is not free, however :D

8. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

Here's what you need to know:
    http://hugin.sourceforge.net/

9. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

I thought I'd mention, I just gave the pre-compiled binary for hugin 2009.0.2, but it's not quite working right for me, so I reverted to Hugin 0.8.0.

10. bleater macrumors newbie

Canon Photostitch 3.2.4.25 compatible with Mac OS X 10.6

Just to update the topic,

Canon have released a newer version of Photostitch for Mac which is compatible with Mac OS X 10.6. The version number is 3.2.4.24. Unfortunately, they have not had the decency to make this available as a downloadable update for current Canon camera owners. To date, it is ONLY available on some of the software DVDs included with newer Canon cameras.

Fortunately, there are images of the Canon EOS 7D software DVD floating around from which you can install Photostitch. E.g. here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GW41Z4WT

The installer allows you to do a custom install, so you can just choose to install Photostitch and not all the other utilities which you don't want or need.

11. AlaskaMoose macrumors 65816

Or Calico.

12. spiff101 macrumors member

Thanks

Thanks to ludicrousgib and bleater for those links, just successfully updated.

13. Stonehorse46 macrumors newbie

14. Stonehorse46 macrumors newbie

Canon Photo Stitch

Thank you "ludicrousgib"

I was able to download the Photo Stitch installer from the link, <http://support-au.canon.com.au/P/sea...s=Mac%20OS%20X>, that you provided and successfully install.

This after the canon Email support told me that the installer was not downloadable and that I should contact Canon Support on Monday for more details and pricing info.