Photostream album gone in iOS 8?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by cstevec, Sep 11, 2014.

1. cstevec macrumors newbie

I updated to ios8 GM but have noticed that my photo stream album is gone in the photo app. They still upload to photo stream on my macbook (not running yosemite) But there is no longer a photo stream album on my iPad or iPhone. Did they remove it? Perhaps all photos just go into recently added pics? or are some features disabled until public release?

2. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

Also having this issue and am curious as to what people have to say. All settings are on and everything. Weird.

Sorry I can't provide any help myself :/

3. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Agreed. I can't access photostream at all from my phone.

4. bige12 macrumors 6502

bige12

They have actually changed it to Shared if you go into you photos apple you will see a cloud and underneath it says shared, when you click on it says icloud photo sharing

5. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Those are shared photo streams. However, the personal photo stream is gone.

6. Jason Cox macrumors newbie

Jason Cox

They changed things around in iOS (for the worse, IMHO). Instead of having two folders, one for Camera Roll and one for Photostream, everything now gets dumped into the 'Recently Added' folder.

Sadly in this new setup there's no way to differentiate between local pics and Photostream pics. So if you take pictures on multiple devices, be careful when deleting stuff because you can delete it from the device and iCloud without any warnings.

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Have you gone into Settings > Photos and Camera and turned on My Photo Stream ?

8. Jason Cox macrumors newbie

Jason Cox

All that does, as far as I can tell, is to dump your Photostream photos in the 'Recently Added' folder (which now contains your Camera Roll and Photostream, all in one folder).

9. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

This doesn't seem to be the case for me. I can add photos to photostream from my mac, and they do not show up on my phone.

10. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 6502a

H3LL5P4WN

I'm the opposite. I can add photos on my PC and they show up on my iPad, but anything I shoot on my iPad won't make it to my PC.

I've had this problem since last October and Apple still hasn't fixed it.