Photostream and Windows computer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by davidra, Oct 7, 2012.

1. davidra macrumors 6502

I've had multiple problems with Photostream, as I know others have as well. In the past when it stopped working on my PC, I could either log out and log back into iCloud Control Panel, or re-install it. Now neither works. Photostream still work fine transferring photos from my phone to iPad, but will not work with my PC. When I open the iCloud control panel, none of the boxes are checked. When I check the Photostream box, the options button highlights but won't open any options. Additionally, when I close the panel with Photostream checked, then re-open, the check has disappeared.

Anybody else having this problem?

2. davidra thread starter macrumors 6502

Solved...

I was reinstalling iCloud control panel over the version (current) that was on the computer. You have to go to Windows control panel and completely uninstall it, then reinstall. Then things started to work. Why it need to be reinstalled every now and then, even though the version is current, is a major flaw in the concept.