Photostream between iOS 6 and iOS 8

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by iBlazed, Jan 25, 2015.

1. iBlazed, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015

iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

My grandmother has photostream enabled on her iPhone 3GS on iOS 6. We just handed her down an iPad 3 on iOS 8, enabled photostream, but her photos don't seem to be coming up. Any suggestions?

More specifically, new photos that are taken sync fine. However, the photos that she acquired on her iPhone in the past year won't download to the iPad.

2. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

iOS 8 has the new iCloud Photo Library (currently in beta). It's been reported that it doesn't play nice with Photostream. Hopefully that will get fixed once the new Photos app comes out for OSX. I have iCloud Photo library turned off on all my devices for the time being.

So check the settings on the iOS 8 device... go into Settings, iCloud, Photos. You want iCloud Photo Library Beta off, and My Photostream and iCloud Photo Sharing on. You may have some residual photos left in the Photos app once you've changed the settings, but you can delete those easily.

3. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

That was the first thing I checked, but icloud photo library was disabled as it should be. For a sloppy fix I simply copied all her photos from her iphone to her ipad manually through iTunes and all future photos shouldn't have a problem syncing.