Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
It's just not there in the sidebar. It's on, and it works fine on my two iOS devices. But nothing in iPhoto. iOS 6, latest version of ML and iPhoto. I've restarted every device, signed in and out of photostream on the Mac, and even signed in and out of the iCloud account entirely (yes it's the same account as on the iOS devices). Out of ideas... Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks!

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
It's just not there in the sidebar. It's on, and it works fine on my two iOS devices. But nothing in iPhoto. iOS 6, latest version of ML and iPhoto. I've restarted every device, signed in and out of photostream on the Mac, and even signed in and out of the iCloud account entirely (yes it's the same account as on the iOS devices). Out of ideas... Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks!

You have to turn on Photostream in iPhoto preferences. You'll start to see auto-created events like October 2012 Photostream once you get it working properly. I suggest you don't enable upload of photos from your Mac if you don't want tons of photos being jammed down the throat of your mobile iDevices.

hofer

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2006
Photo Stream in iPhoto Sidebar

There is a category in the sidebar called "WEB". When you mouse over it, the word "show" will appear (or "hide" if it is already turned on). Click, and PhotoStream will appear along with Flicker and Facebook (if you have those enabled). Not very intuitive, since PhotoStream is not really on the web.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.