Photostream not syncing all the photos

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by jdaniel, Sep 28, 2012.

1. jdaniel macrumors 65816

Photostream seems to have updated onto my iPhoto ok, but on this new install on my iPhone 5 the photostream does not seem to be updating all the photos I have turned photostream on and off and no luck

2. MrsD macrumors newbie

I found that too and after fiddling with it found I could only stream 1000 photos so I had a lot of deleting to do.

3. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

My stream only shows 33 am supposed to have more soooo don't know what's going on

4. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

It should automatically delete old photos when you get to 1000, is that correct?
    I'm having the same problem. I've got a bunch of new photos that refuse to go into my photo stream. I've tried rebooting, cycling wifi, opening and closing the photos app, taking more photos, all to no avail.

----------

And as soon s I write this, after an hour of fiddling with it, they randomly seem to be transferring now. I only have 500 photos in my stream so that 1000 limit can't be an issue for me (not even sure if that is true either).

5. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

funny thing is my iphoto photostream doesnt match up with my iphone... ugggh

6. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

From my understanding, when you activate Photostream on a new device, it will only sync photos from that moment forward on THAT device. So if you have another iOS device with older photos that the device you just activated, they will not sync. However, all photos that you take on either device from that point forward will sync to both devices. I hope that makes sense.

I noticed this when I bought my iPhone 5. I have an iPad with a couple hundred photos in Photo Stream and they wouldn't sync over to my new iPhone. But any new photos I took on either device were syncing to Photostream on both devices. Then I read that this was by design since Photostream is not a backup.

7. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

right I see what you mean. I have now copied the photos off my iphoto stream... put it in a folder.. now they key is to find a free way to transfer these photos by bulk onto camera roll... there are some apps out there but my freaking itunes isnt liking my credit card at the moment so I am figuring out a way to do it.

8. Wblakewright macrumors newbie

Same issue. The problem is not that it starts syncing the minute you activate your phone. That doesn't make any sense since your photos are stored in iCloud (1000 most recent). Also mine sync about a hundred random photos from before my phone and then all after.