Photostream on iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by MuGeN PoWeR, Jan 24, 2013.

1. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68010

MuGeN PoWeR

I am having a problem on my iphone 5. The pictures i take are not being uploaded to the photostream but the pictures are downloaded fine. where as my wife's iphone 5 is uploading and downloading the pictures to photostream. We are connected to same wifi network. I have cisco e2000 router. I have even reset photostream from icloud. I have switched off and on the photostream on my iphone 5 but no use. What can be done? Thanks

2. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68010

MuGeN PoWeR

3. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Are you using a 3rd party camera app, i notice that some of those do not but the photo's in the camera roll, by default.

4. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68010

MuGeN PoWeR

The default camera app.

5. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Photostream will not function/work if you decvice is bellow 20% battery. This is step 1 of my help.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Sorry, would you clarify not uploaded but downloaded OK? My poor tired brain says they have to be uploaded to download. :)

7. lucastatic macrumors regular

In iOS 6 you cannot have two people in one photostream. You have to have one photostream per person.

As in, your wife invited you into a photostream (perhaps even named "Wife to Husband"). You accepted. This is a one way ticket... photos taken by her will be uploaded to that photostream when appropriate, and appear on your phone in that particular photostream.

You need to create a new photostream (perhaps named "Husband to Wife") and invite her to it, have her accept it, and then photos you take will upload to it and show up on her phone in the appropriate photostream.

8. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68010

MuGeN PoWeR

Your reply is valid only if we are using two different icloud id. We are using the same icloud id and that is mine. Both the iphones are signed in with my icloud id.

----------

Dude i said that if i take a pic from my iphone the pic isnt uploaded to photostream. But if my wife takes a photo from her iphone it shows on my photostream.

9. lucastatic, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013

lucastatic macrumors regular

So you invited yourself to a photostream? I haven't tested those waters. I would still be inclined to blame your issues on what I suggested. Perhaps create a photostream inviting yourself from the opposite device you invited yourself from initially?

<edit>
    To clarify, you say your wife's photos are uploading fine. (and then downloading to your device)
    But that your photos are not uploading. (and are subsequently not arriving on your wife's iPhone)
    Provided a same-AppleID photostream actually works as you expect (per my response above, I think you have to establish a photostream from each device to every other device) are you absolutely sure you're adding your photos to the photostream via Edit>Share>PhotoStream?

10. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68010

MuGeN PoWeR

I completely got your point. I am not talking about shared photostream. I am talking about the my photostream.

11. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68010

MuGeN PoWeR

Anyways problem is fixed. I restored the iphone. But the old pictures didnt go in the photostream. The new pix which i take are going. Thanks.

12. lucastatic macrumors regular