Photostream only pushes images going forward?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by ipoddin, Oct 23, 2011.

1. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

I've got 90 photos in my camera roll and just decided to turn on photostream and give it a shot. Turned it on in iPhoto too. None of the pics in my camera roll came through. I took a shot on the iphone, and it showed up, but nothing else. So will it only push new photos taken going forward? It won't push the previous photos I took before turning photostream on?

2. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

That is correct. It will push all pictures taken AFTER you turn the feature on.

In a related question, I have had Photostream on for some time and been using it without problems. The other day I took some pictures and Photostream missed one. It is still on my phone, but it will not show up on any other device (all the other photos taken before/after it do).

Does anyone know how to put a photo into photo stream? (force it in somehow?)

3. ipoddin thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Bummer. Wish there was an option in "share" to send to photostream.

4. gentlefury macrumors 68030

you can kinda cheat it, if you edit a photo in any app (photogene for instance) the saved version will show up in photo stream. So you can actually open in any editing program, do nothing to it and it will jump into the stream. But I agree, there should be a send to photo stream command, like you used to be able to send to MobileMe.

5. ipoddin thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Did it the old fashioned way by sync'ing to iPhoto. However, bizzarely, it won't sync via wifi like iTunes. Had to plug in for iPhoto to recognize the phone. At least now going forward I won't have to plug in anymore.

6. gentlefury macrumors 68030

thats because iPhoto works differently than iTunes. When you sync with iPhoto it is literally treating your phone like a camera.