Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonicgt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Any way to add people to a photostream once created, or delete a photostream? I have one called Friends now with no one added to it, as well as one called test that I can't delete.

BFG86

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Just tap the blue arrow next to the shared photo stream and that's all the settings for it

baslotto

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2007
It took me 10 minutes surfing the web to find this post and finally realize how easy it was... need coffee...

SamAshleyBlogs

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Share Photo Stream?

I shared a photo stream with my boyfriend who also upgraded to ios 6. Checked his photo streams and it's not in there.

What is the correct way to share/accept a photo stream?

BFG86

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Does he have shared photo streams turned on in his icloud settings? It's not on by default.

nhetrick

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2010
Adding pictures

What are your guys's thoughts about apple adding the ability for other people in the photo stream to add their own photos to the album? I guess I assumed too much by thinking this was already included and was a bit disappointed to learn it wasn't.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
Hmmm.

What are your guys's thoughts about apple adding the ability for other people in the photo stream to add their own photos to the album? I guess I assumed too much by thinking this was already included and was a bit disappointed to learn it wasn't.

I think that would make ownership of the photo stream a lot more complicated and confusing. If five people add their photos to a shared stream, presumably they can only delete their own photos? Can the photo stream creator delete other's photos? Is the creator of the photo stream allowed to delete the entire stream if others own the photos in it?

I think Apple intentionally introduces these features bit by bit so as not to confuse people. Also because their documentation is crap ;).

scottish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2011
Guess

I also thought this would be included. Shame it's not as this would have been perfect for an event I have coming up soon.

I think that would make ownership of the photo stream a lot more complicated and confusing. If five people add their photos to a shared stream, presumably they can only delete their own photos? Can the photo stream creator delete other's photos? Is the creator of the photo stream allowed to delete the entire stream if others own the photos in it?

I think Apple intentionally introduces these features bit by bit so as not to confuse people. Also because their documentation is crap ;).

They could have a setting so that the owner/creator can decide if it is view only or if others can add to it, in which case anyone in the photo stream could remove any photos.

Last edited:

nhetrick

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2010

I also thought this would be included. Shame it's not as this would have been perfect for an event I have coming up soon.

They could have a setting so that the owner/creator can decide if it is view only or if others can add to it, in which case anyone in the photo stream could remove any photos.

I agree with letting anyone edit the stream. I was wanting to set one up with close college friends to share the "good times" we have together over the years. I think its fair to let anyone add or remove from the stream so that they can take down any pictures that they don't approve.

Basically like a shared message in Facebook only with pictures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.