PHP and MSSQL and apache (not WAMP or MAMP)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tennisblues, Jul 2, 2010.

1. tennisblues macrumors newbie

I have seen this addressed many places on the internet (and a few in this forum), but I haven't seen a solution that works.... (a couple of tutorials, but they dont work for me...maybe because they are older?)

I have a mac with 10.6, php 5.3.1 and I need the function mssql_connect to be recognized

i have tried to make a mssql.so but havent figured out how to make one that works or get a php_mssql.dll....At one point I made a php_mssql.lo, but nothing is working

I have installed freetbs and a unix connector and everything else that is suggested, but nothing seemss to work. When i put the library file in the php.ini file, and run a php program, I get:

$ php test2.php
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/php_mssql.lo' - dlopen(/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/php_mssql.lo, 9): no suitable image found. Did find:
    /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/php_mssql.lo: unknown file type, first eight bytes: 0x23 0x20 0x70 0x68 0x70 0x5F 0x6D 0x73 in Unknown on line 0

I dont have a huge amount of knowledge, and dont always know what I am doing, so any help that is provided is so much appreciated!

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

From the error message "php_mssql.lo"

Shouldn't the extension be ".so" and not ".lo"?

3. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Thats right. There .so extensions for linux and mac os, .dill for the windows ones.

4. tennisblues thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks so much for hte reply...

i have tried them all...the .lo was what happened to make when i downloaded a new source of php 5.3.2 and "make" in the ext/mssql directory

but i have also downloaded various .so and .dll that i could find and got the same error message