php download

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by sansoa666, Mar 28, 2009.

1. sansoa666 macrumors newbie

sansoa666

hi to everyone im the begner in mac os v10.3.7 and now where i can download php softwareand what kind of software i can need.? and his database :confused:

2. MrFusion macrumors 6502a

PHP is already installed in your system. Open a terminal and type php -help.

3. sansoa666 thread starter macrumors newbie

sansoa666

yes i got not but how it work? where i do start?

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

PHP.net is a nice place to start with documentation and lots of useful stuff.

To get PHP running smoothly on your Mac (along with MySQL) you can try MAMP. (If you only need PHP your Mac supports that out of the box, but you'll need enable it.)

Also, I've moved this thread to the Web developer forum. Check out the stickies for tips & tricks... :)

5. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

If you want to learn the language, w3school is your bet. If you want a book, I suggest PHP and MySQL Web Development Forth Edition.

If you just want a server up and running, I suggest MAMP. It's a very good development environment and has Apache, PHP & MySQL (The database you're talking about).

If you just want software to develop PHP on, I suggest CODA but any text editor will do. Text Wrangler is a very good free alternative. CODA has FTP (Transit), so it's a no-brainer for me.

Good luck