php.ini on OSX localhost

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by wisekal, May 15, 2016.

1. wisekal macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I tried searching this question but hasn't returned anything successful so far.

For a long time I had been using XAMPP but decided it was time for a change.

I am now using the native localhost / web server available to me on my iMac.

Followed this great tutorial which was flawless.

I've done a lot of searching and trying to find a way to increase the upload size.

Standard approach would be a php.ini and all tutorials I found were in /etc/php.ini

I've modified these configurations but it appears to have no change at all.

I'm uncertain whether or not I'm modifying the correct file for my localhost. It doesn't appear to reflect any changes in the phpinfo.php check. I feel stupid asking this because it should theoretically be rather straight forward but I feel like I'm in a whole new ball game with this native web server in OSX.

So to be more specific, I need to edit:

upload_max_filesize
    post_max_size
    max_execution_time

Thanks in advance for any help. Sorry for the newbie question but still getting familiar with the change from Windows to OSX. Thanks!

2. dsemf macrumors regular

Can you run a short phpinfo command from the browser?
    Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

If so, then there will be an entry for Configuration File (php.ini) Path at the beginning of the output. It is common to have different php.ini files for web servers vs. command line.

DS