PHP MYSQL pagination

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by mainomega, Oct 3, 2009.

1. mainomega macrumors 6502

Hi everyone. I am new to php and mysql and I am still figuring things out. At my job we have a site that is NOT an e-commerce site. The site is used to showcase thousands of products. All the products are currently being displayed in tables and is very difficult to update keeping it alphabetized.

I want to change everything so it is easier to update the site. I'm not really sure where to start. I know what I need. I need to have the option at the top of the page that is a drop down that lets me sort products alphabetically, newest to oldest, and oldest to newest. All the images that show up need to be able to be clicked on and show up in a separate page larger and with a description. It pretty much needs to act like an e-commerce site with out a shopping cart. I am still learning php and mysql and I'm not sure where to go to learn more about getting this site running how it should. Does anyone know of any great sites or tutorials out there? Thanks for your help.

2. BertyBoy macrumors 6502

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

It's pretty easy to track down pagination tutorials online like this one from Sitepoint. Just do a Google search for different tutorials and you'll find plenty of information to do what you need on your own.