Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reao

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have an older g5 computer running 10.5 server. I am using it for web hosting and I have a site with php on it. I followed the steps to turn php on in leopard and restarted my web service. After the restart my site the parts with php still do not work. Is there another way to turn php on in leopard server? I know this OS is quite old but any help would be grate.

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2008
Re: Php on leopard server

What instructions did you follow?
What files did you edit?
Do you have a phpinfo.php file? If so does it load?

Reao

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

http://foundationphp.com/tutorials/php_leopard.php here is what I followed. I am thinking I did not edit the right file for having the server OS.

Reao

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008

I have not made a test file just the site with the code I am trying to run. I know the code works it runs fine on a Linux box with php.

etchtech09

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
One issue I have run into is that the fat binary acts funny with PHP. You may need to lipo the binary to only include your specific architecture.

Check this page for your specific system:

https://developer.apple.com/library...s/man3/arch.3.html#//apple_ref/doc/man/3/arch

You will also want to read the man page for the command lipo.

You will also need to be careful with the Apache binary as well. If you need more help with the commands, as you will need to do this from the command line, we can work more as it will be specific to your system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.