PHP Scripts in Safari

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by mle0322, Jul 19, 2010.

1. mle0322 macrumors newbie

I have a PHP script on a Windows IIS server and it is for an upload function. This works fine on Windows platforms. The function of the script is you click on an Upload button, the page refreshes with the upload functon (browse button, etc.) You then upload the attachment and then page refreshes to original page.

When using Safari, when you click on the Upload button, the page refreshes as a blank page but the URL for the page that contains the browse button is printed across the screen. The only way to then make it work is to copy that URL, then paste the URL into the address bar and then the user is taken to the upload page.

Any suggestions as to why it won't process this script and just displays the URL?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

You'll need to supply your code in order to get some help.

3. nesuser2 macrumors 6502

nesuser2

The file is still hosted on an IIS server?

Have you tried firefox or anything similar on that same mac?

It sounds like a security setting in safari that isn't letting you redirect properly. After you upload your file...does it take you back to the initial page like you suspect or is that broken also?(as in..it uploads your file but fails to take you back to the beginning..)

4. nesuser2 macrumors 6502

nesuser2

forgot to mention, I write php frequently and I have to say..my imagination runs short. Your code or a snippet of it would help a lot!

5. eponym macrumors 6502

Could you be more specific about the setup. It's on IIS, but is that an external server or something local? Did it work from another Windows machine, or the same machine as the server?