PHP Survey Help

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by jdl8422, Apr 17, 2008.

1. jdl8422 macrumors 6502

jdl8422

Well, I have done email forms for websites, but I need to do a multiple page survey. The first page just needs to be a name, address.... personal info. The other pages will questions that either use multiple choice or can be typed in. Once the survey is complete I need it to be email to a specific address. My question is, does anyone know where to start. Anyone have and good resources they could point me to. Thanks in advance

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Not sure if you're wanting help with the logic of doing this, or specific code help. As far as logic goes, I'd keep a database record for each person that gets added on each page, then email it off at the end, and then delete the record from the database. You'd also want to have occasional checks through that database to find old records, which weren't deleted because people didn't finish the survey for whatever reason.

I'd likely do this with PHP and MySQL because I'm more comfortable with them than other languages, though something like Ruby on Rails would be a good way to go. With PHP you can use session variables to keep track of the visitor as they move from page to page.

3. jdl8422 thread starter macrumors 6502

jdl8422

essentially I just need a contact form, except for this one I need it multiple pages and i need all the info to be submitted in the end. The main thing that I can confused about it collecting the data on each page so it can be sent at the end.