PHP Xdebug Not connecting?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by emiljan, Jul 22, 2010.

1. emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

Hey guys,

after deciding to learn php i went ahead and setup netbeans with Mamp running under osx 10.6.3.

Now i have a problem because netbeans won't connect to xdebug even though i setup everything the right way.

I downloaded the latest Xdebug binary from Activestate and put it in the right folder inside the Mamp folder and edited the php.ini file to show the correct path and enabled remove debugger:

Here is the php.ini file:

[xdebug]
    ; Xdebug config for Mac OS X and NetBeans IDE
    zend_extension="/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5.3/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/xdebug.so"
    xdebug.remote_enable=1
    xdebug.remote_handler=dbgp
    xdebug.remote_mode=req
    xdebug.remote_host=127.0.0.1
    xdebug.remote_port=9000
    xdebug.idekey=

The binary xdebug.so i downloaded from Activestate is in the right place:"/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5.3/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/xdebug.so"

So when i open up a new project in php and create a index.php file with the following code:

<?php
    php.info();
    ?>

It shows the xdebug extension is installed and version number is: 2.1.0beta3.

The problem occurs when i try to debug my application which i set a break point then launch the debugger from within Netbeans.

All it does is hang there in Firefox. Running the php file using the run command in Netbeans launches the application just fine.

Also another weird thing is when i close the debug session i get a firefox window saying your debug session has ended, even though it never load it.

2. emiljan thread starter macrumors 6502

emiljan

Update!

I installed windows 7 Pro x32 under bootcamp and installed Netbeans 6.9 and Xampp 1.7.3 and still the same issue.

The Xdebug debugger is installed and configured correctly and it won't load in Firefox or Internet Explorer.

when i run phpinfo(); it shows the the Xdebug 2.1.0 version is installed.

I have no idea whats going on!