phpmailer-fe + exceeds the maximum file size. Error:

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by citizenzen, Apr 20, 2011.

1. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm using an order form that includes a file upload using phpmailer-fe. I'm getting a lot of errors: "exceeds the maximum file size. Error:"

The order sends correctly. The client receives the error in their response email and no file gets attached. I checked with the Help Desk at the university where I work and they told me that the max file size for attachments is 25mb, yet I'm getting these errors on files less than half that size.

Two questions: can someone help me ferret out where this error is coming from and how to fix it? And/or is there a better product out there for processing forms and attaching/sending files?

I'm a graphic designer with just enough web and php experience to make me dangerous. Thank you!

2. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

Found this on another forum ...

If you run this script, just to know your server's PHP configuration:

<? phpinfo(); ?>

In the PHP core configuration, does upload_max_filesize show a limit of around 3Mb?

phpinfo() shows a upload_max_filesize of 2mb. :(

So I will pursue this up the IT chain of command and find out if I can get that increased.

At least it gives me an avenue to explore and a possible solution to this problem.