Physical Durability?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by godslabrat, Mar 6, 2008.

1. godslabrat macrumors 6502

I totally want to get a MacBook Air. There is no question in my mind: this is the perfect laptop for me. I've been using laptops for almost 10 years and I've always bought them with portability in mind... I love how Apple designed this thing, it's able to do everything I want, and nothing I don't. The warranty on my current laptop is up in two years, so I'll probably shoot for getting an Air in 18 months.

My question is, for those people that have had one for over a month, how physically durable would you say the MBA is? I plan on travelling with this thing a lot, and while I wouldn't abuse it, it's probably going to see a lot of good, solid work. The thinness is wonderful, but does it put too much stress on the screen? Does the keyboard feel like it'll wear out after two years? Are the hinges well-designed?

Overall, as people who evaluate this stuff very carefully, would you say the MBA is well-made from a durability standpoint?

2. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

despite people saying that apple's quality has been falling. the air turns it around. excellent build quality.

3. Mikebuzzsaw macrumors 6502

As long as you don't drop it or sit on it.... you'll be fine. The MBA could probably last 10 yrs.

4. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

and if you do drop or sit on it, there are people on this forum who have done both without any damage to the Air.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I hear the MB Air has far better build quality than the MB and MBP.